Full Time additional legal assistant/paralegal for South Tampa Real Estate attorney.
Send your resume with brief cover letter stating why you are a capable legal assistant. Competitive Compensation Package for the right candidate.
Knowledge of Florida real estate law, title and settlement services preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities of Legal Assistant:
- Coordinates hearings, depositions, mediations, trials and other case related events and maintains calendar on case management system for attorneys. Schedules appointments and appearances. Resolve scheduling conflicts with Attorney’s approval.
- Reviews calendar proactively for upcoming events, document calendar deadlines and works with Attorneys to complete tasks for case events.
- Prepares legal documents such as correspondence, pleadings and discovery including transcribing dictation.
- Answers phones, interacts with clients and potential clients, and processes incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis. Handle routine inquiries in Attorney’s absence i.e., negotiates extensions of time.
- Maintains, organizes and indexes all files; and when necessary, revises attorney’s files with permission.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation and discovery when needed. Prepare, thorough transcription of written or recorded documents, standard legal documents i.e., contracts, briefs, motions, summons etc. Respectfully taking and making calls to clients/judges etc.
Required Computer Skills: Advanced Skills in computer technology using Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, Electronic Filing Systems for Courts and billing software preferred.
Associates degree, a minimum of 4+ years experience of working as a Legal Assistant without direct supervision.
- A positive, detail-oriented self-starter who multi-tasks and prioritizes with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of legal practices, terminology and format for legal documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with Firm staff, opposing counsel, clients, potential clients and others with professionalism, tact and courtesy.
- Flexible and solution-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision.
- General office experience including assisting with Firm vendors and other internal office operations.
- Must be proficient at scanning documents into PDF, saving into the computer case files in a systematic and organized fashion, while maintaining hard-copy files when necessary or appropriate in an up-to-date, neat and organized fashion; and
- Organized note taker and task manager, responds calmly under pressure.
- Represents the firm respectfully in business casual – professional dress, off-time behavior and phone demeanor.